Tasty holiday dish
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- add 1/4 cup butter
- add 5 lbs sweet potatoes (with skin cleaned)
- add nutmeg (to taste)
- add salt (to taste)
- add 1 teaspoon ginger
- add 1 (8 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- add 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- add 4 large eggs (slightly beaten)
- add 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- -Preheat oven to 400. Puncture the cleaned potatoes with a fork and cook them until softened (about an hr.) Let cool.
- -Oven on 350. Remove Sweet potatoe skin and mash in a large bowl. After desired smoothness add eggs, sugar, butter, salt. Separately mix the dry ingredients (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg) and then add to the big bowl.
- -Put all of it in a 11x13 buttered casserole dish. Add the pecans on top and cook for 40-50 minute Last ten minutes put the marshmallows on top.
- -Pecans and marshmallows are for the top put I also like to put them in the main mix. For everyone I leave the potatoes completely smooth but I really like them a little clumpy.