Servs: 15 Prep: Cook:
"I remember Mom would have these yummy snacks waiting for us kids when we got home from school. Now I stir up these homemade treats for my husband and two daughters. They love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate...and I love that they don't keep me in the kitchen all day."
- add 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- add 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- add 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- add 1 cup peanut butter
- add 1 tablespoon shortening
- add 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- add 2 cups Cheerios
- In a bowl, combine peanut butter, corn syrup, sugar and coconut until blended. Stir in cereal. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Dip balls halfway into chocolate; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets to harden.