Servs: 12 Prep: 1h Cook: 40m
"An old favorite from my mother-in-law's collection, this recipe is now a staple for our family. We like to serve it with garlic bread Caesar salad and coleslaw. -Susan Rourke, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia"
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- add 3 cups water
- add 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- add 1 large onion, chopped
- add 1 pound ground beef
- add 12 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- add 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- add 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- add 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- add 1 garlic clove, minced
- add 2 teaspoons salt
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, tomato paste, salt, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish, layer a third of the meat sauce, noodles and Swiss cheese. Repeat layers. Top with cottage cheese and the remaining Swiss cheese. Repeat layers. Top with cottage cheese and the remaining Swiss cheese, noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.