Servs: 4 Makes: cup Prep: Cook:
TABBOULEH Professional kitchen DIRECTOR EXECUTIVE CHEF MONTASER MASOUD
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add Ingredients
- add • 25g bulgur wheat. 2 Pes large, ripe vine tomatoes
- add • large bunch fresh parsley, leaves only, washed, dried, finely chopped
- add • small bunch fresh mint leaves, washed, dried, finely chopped
- add • 1 small red onion, peeled, finely chopped
- add • 50 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- add • 40 ml extra virgin olive oil sea salt flakes
- add • 4 ready-made flatbreads, to serve
- Preparation method
- • Place the bulgar wheat into a small bowl and cover with 50mlof boiling waterStir,
- • then set aside for 20 minutes, or until the bulgar
- • Wheat has absorbed all of the water.
- • 2. Cut out the green stalks from the tomatoes and make a small cross
- • At each of the bases. Place the tomatoes into a separate bowl and
- • Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 30 seconds, then drain away
- • The water.
- • 3. When the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and discard the
- • Skins. Cut the tomatoes into quarters, discard the seeds and dice the
- • Flesh. Transfer the diced tomatoes to a serving bowl.
- • 4. Add the parsley, mint and onion to the tomatoes and mix well until
- • Combined.
- • 5. When the bulgar wheat has absorbed all of the water, fluff it using a
- • Fork until the grains are separated. Add the bulgar wheat to the
- • Tomato mixture.
- • 6. Drizzle over the lemon juice and olive oil and season, to taste, with
- • salt. Mix well to coat the ingredients in the liquid.
- • 7. To serve, divide the tabbouleh equally among four serving plates.
- • Place one grilled flatbread alongside each.