Adapted from Southern Living. If you prefer, you can skip the part about the corn tortillas and just use a few purchased tortilla chips.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 5 corn tortillas
- add 1 (1 3/4 ounce) envelope dry ranch dressing mix
- add 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- add 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- add salt
- add 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies (such as Rotel)
- add 1 lb lean ground beef
- add 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- add 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- add 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- add 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans
- add 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- Brown beef in a large pot until no longer pink, draining off all fat.
- Mix all remaining ingredients (except the corn tortillas and the salt) into the same pot with the beef.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and let cook 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400F.
- Using kitchen shears, cut tortillas into thin strips.
- Place tortilla strips onto a baking sheet and spray lightly with some nonstick spray.
- Season to taste wih a little salt and bake about 5 minutes or until they just start to crsip up.
- Serve soup in bowls with a few of the tortilla strips set on top as a garnish.