Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
It is the botom of the rice pot... but i say & my family agree the best part..the beauty of it you can do it in variety of ways.. for eample with bread,, yogurt , potato or yucka & also swwet potato..in most persian resturant they serve it as appetizer with the diffrent stew on top ..
- add cooked rice according to direction..
- add befor steeming the rice
- add use 1/2 cup veg.oil
- add 1/2 cup water
- add 1 teaspoon saffron
- add 1/2 tea s turmeric
- add 1/2 teas perika
- for simple Tah-deegh ..in a large non stik pot ..on med heat stove
- add all the ingredient to the pot stir ...add the cooked rice ..
- and cover pot to cook on a low med heat for 45 min.. or if you want thicker & crispeier lower the heat and cook for another 30 min, make sure not to burn the tah- deeg
- turn stove off.
- let the pot sit for at leat 15 min to cool, this will allow the tah-deeg to come out of the pot in once piece.
- yout can serve it as is or top it with any kind of stew or salad i.e. shirazii
- if you like to have tah-deeg with bread crust or potato then befor you pour the rice in to the pot with all the oil & seasoning add yogurt, stirr & add the bread or sliceses of potao, then pour the rice on top of the bread or potato. Make sure not to have the heat more than med low to low for best result...