This recipe was adopted from Alton Brown on Food Network. Don't you know I would want a recipe with sugar when I'm diabetic, LOL. Don't let the habanero scare you--you can substitute with jalapeno, yellow, (even bell pepper) or just red chili flakes to fit your desire for hotness. It is a good recipe tho' and does deserve recognition.
- add 1 quart ice cream (optional)
- add tortilla chips
- add habanero peppers
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- add 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- In saucepan, heat pineapple and hot pepper, sugar, and cinnamon; simmer 5 minutes.
- Take off heat--chill.
- Serve with tortilla chips (optional, can do over ice cream.Over ice cream is great if you make it hot, hot, hot.