I found this recipe on a Dannon yogurt container. Easy, and pretty tasty! Prep time includes time to marinate.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- add 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- add 2 tablespoons fresh minced ginger (I used 2 tsp. powdered)
- add 1 (3 1/3 lb) chickens, cut into pieces (I used four boneless skinless thighs and four boneless skinless breasts) or 8 chicken thighs (I used four boneless skinless thighs and four boneless skinless breasts)
- add 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- add 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- add 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine yogurt with lemon juice and spices.
- Add chicken and toss to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Lightly oil grill and preheat for 5-10 minutes (or preheat broiler).
- Place marinated chicken on grill or broiler pan.
- Cook chicken 8-10 minutes per side, basting occasionally with juices.
- Serve chicken over cooked rice sprinkled with cilantro.