A real downhome casserole that uses leftover chicken. Turkey could also be substituted for the chicken.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups egg noodles
- add 1 cup milk
- add 1/2 cup flour
- add 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- add 2 cups water
- add 2/3 cup cornflake crumbs
- add 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- add 1/2 cup sour cream
- add 1 cup canned mushroom slices
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine cornflake crumbs and butter.
- Set aside for topping.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the flour, milk, water, and bouillon cubes.
- Cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the sour cream, chicken and mushrooms.
- Add the cooked noodles.
- Put in greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with buttered crumbs.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until it bubbles.