This tastes even better the next day! You can follow the directions here OR put everything in a crock pot after browning the beef & cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 beef blade roast
- add all-purpose flour
- add 1/2 cup lemon juice
- add 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- add 6-8 potatoes
- add 1 cup beef stock
- add 6-8 carrots
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- add 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- add 1 large onion
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- add 1 cup barbecue sauce (your favourite kind)
- add salt
- Pat roast dry with paper towels; sprinkle lightly with salt& pepper.
- In a heavy pot or Dutch oven, heat oil until hot; add roast& cook until browned on all sides.
- Remove from pot& keep warm.
- Pour off any excess fat.
- Add next 7 ingredients& mix well.
- Return beef to pot, cover& cook in a preheated 350F oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Spoon off any excess fat.
- Add vegetables, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover& simmer for about 1 hour or until beef is fork-tender& veggies cooked to your liking.