From The Best of Country Cooking 2005 The recipe called for Stroganoff sauce mix, but the computer did not have such an ingredient listed, but when I made this I could not find Stroganoff, and used Hollandaise instead
- add 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- add 1 1/2 cups water
- add 1 medium onion
- add 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- add 1/2 cup French dressing
- add 1 celery rib
- add 2 lbs boneless beef round steak
- add 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- add hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, saute beef and onion in French dressing until the meat is no longer pink. In a small bowl combine sauce mix and water until blended; stir into the beef mixture. Add the mushrooms, celery, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60 minutes or until the meat is tender. Serve over noodles.