This is one of the best tartar sauce recipes, and I'm sure you will agree! Great with fish, sandwiches and even French fries.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/3 cup chili sauce
- add 1-2 fresh minced garlic clove (or to taste)
- add 2 tablespoons finely minced onions
- add 2 cups mayonnaise (Hellman's is best)
- add 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste, use more but no less than 1 tsp)
- add 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 2 hard-boiled eggs
- add 1/3 cup sweet dill pickle relish
- add 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- add 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Refrigerate for 1 or more hours to blend the flavors.
- Stir with spoon before using.
- Store in a covered glass container in the fridge.
- **NOTE** if you prefer a sweeter tartar sauce, just add in some sugar to tatse.