Servs: 10 Prep: Cook:
Once again ...this recipe of my friend( Annie) made me think. what a awesome chocolate dessert! once you eat it ...you will never forget how felt. so i wanted every chocolate lover experience it!!!
- add 1 cup sugar( superfine)
- add 2/3 cup dutch process cocoa( any brand)
- add 2 tea spoon instant espresso powder or instant coffee
- add 1/3 cup water
- add 4 egg yolk
- add 10 maraschino cherries
- add (steamed, pitted, rinsed,drained & then soaked in 2 tsp dark rum
- add 1 cup whipped cream
- add 2/3 cup coarsely chopped semi-sweet dark chocolate
- add 1/3 cup chopped toasted almond
- add chopped or shave dark chocolate for finish touch
- in a medium sauce pan sift sugar,cocoa and espresso..mix in water..place over medium heat and bring to a boil stirring constantly, until all sugar are dissolved & smooth. 10 min
- In a large bowl, beat 4 egg yolk with electric mixer on high
- speed then switch to med speed while adding the hot chocolate mixture slowly. then chill for 1 hr.
- Remove the cherries from the rum.set aside to add later & Rum to mix.
- whip the cream in a medium size bowl until formed.
- mix the whip cream into the cooled chocolate mix & gently fold . add the coarsely chopped chocolate & toasted almond to the mix
- arrange foiled lined paper cup in muffin pan. fill each with the chocolate mix & top with chopped or shaved chocolate & freeze for at least 4 hrs before serving.
- Note:keep all the time in freezer until ready to serve.