Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 large chicken breasts (or 4 boneless thighs) cooked & cubed
- add 1 sweet onion (Walla-Walla or Vidalia) chopped
- add 2 crisp apples, peeled and chopped
- add 2 stalks celery, sliced
- add 2 Tbs. olive oil
- add 1 Tbs. butter
- add 2 Tbs. flour
- add 12 to 16 oz. chicken broth, milk or coconut milk
- add 2 Tbs. curry powder
- add 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- add 2 Tbs. sugar
- add salt and pepper to taste
- add 1/4 tsp. Garam Marsala (Indian spice-Optional - not sure of spelling)
- add Condiments: (Don't leave these off - they are key to flavor)
- add Use however much you want on the top of your dish.
- add Salted peanuts or slivered almonds
- add shredded sweetened coconut
- add sliced green onions
- add Major Grey Chutney
- add golden or regular raisins (golden is our fave)
- In large pot, melt butter with oil on med. heat. Add the onion, celery and apples and cook about 5 minutes until onion is softened.
- Add flour and stir, then slowly add liquid and stir until smooth. Add in curry powder, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper, and your cooked chicken.
- Turn down heat to low, cover and simmer about 5 minutes until everything is hot.
- Serve on steamed white rice and top with your favorite condiments.