This has become a family favorite - I found this recipe on a bag of tater tots several years ago. This is very similiar to a Chicken Pot Pie with a Tater Tot topping instead of bread. It makes a great one dish meal with a salad and bread.
- add dried thyme
- add 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- add 1/2 cup chopped onions
- add 1 (2 lb) bag frozen tater tots
- add black pepper
- add 2 small garlic cloves
- add 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- add 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- add 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- add 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In large skillet, cook onion and pressed garlic in butter or olive oil over medium high heat until onion is tender.
- Add cooked chicken, frozen veggies, undiluted soup, milk, thyme and pepper.
- Stir ingredients together and cook over medium heat until hot and bubbly. Stirring occasionally.
- Cover and cook an additional 5 minutes; stirring frequently.
- Spoon chicken mixture into ungreased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Arrange frozen tater tots on top.
- Bake 40 minutes or until bubbly and tater tots are slightly browned.
- Note: This recipe easily doubles and you can make two.I freeze the extra one with the tater tots on top and then remove and thaw in fridge.Bake as directed above. Also, I sometimes add an extra can of soup and an extra 1/4 cup of milk for a thinner consistency.This would be a personal preference.Also, I add approximately 1/2tsp of dried thyme and 1/2 tsp of black pepper for one casserole - adaptable to your taste.