Makes a nice tender roast in the crockpot.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3/4 teaspoon thyme
- add 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- add 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- add 3-3 1/2 lbs chuck roast, trimmed (or similar cut of beef)
- add 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- add 3/4-1 cup water
- add 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1/4 cup sherry wine
- add 1-2 tablespoon grape jam
- add 1/2 cup chopped white onions
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 1/3 cup chopped bell peppers
- add 6 1/4 ounces tomato paste
- Place beef in the crockpot with onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients; whisk together well.Pour over meat in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until desired doneness is reached.