This recipe came from the BAM man...Emeril! These just totally gross my DH out...but I love them!!!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 12 ounces tequila
- add 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- add 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- add 1 dozen oysters
- add 2 tablespoons minced red bell peppers
- add 1 cup chilled fresh lime juice
- add kosher salt
- add 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- add ice
- add 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- Moisten the rims of 12 shot glasses with water, then dip each glass in kosher salt to coat the rims. Put an oyster into each shot glass.
- In a medium bowl, combine the lime juice, red bell pepper, shallots, cilantro, parsley, and chives. Pour 1 tablespoon of the lime juice mixture into each of the 12 shot glasses over the oysters.
- Pour the tequila into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes and shake to chill the tequila. Add about 2 tablespoons of tequila to each of the shot glasses. Serve immediately.