Oh so good! This is the best homemade teriyaki sauce I have tried so far. I always double the sauce recipe so I can serve it over Chinese mixed vegetables and it is also absolutely delicious over buttered egg noodles (No-Yolk Extra Broad)
- add 8 tablespoons sherry wine
- add 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- add 1 1/2 cloves minced garlic (I use jar type)
- add 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- add 4-6 boneless thin pork chops
- add 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- add 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (like at pizza restaurants)
- add 4 teaspoons oil
- add 4 tablespoons water
- Brown pork chops in oil.
- In a bowl, combine garlic, sherry wine, soy sauce, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes -- mix well.
- Add to pork chops and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove pork chops.
- Mix cornstarch and water.
- Mix with the sauce and stir and simmer until thickened.
- Serve sauce tossed with mixed stir-fry veggies or over buttered No-Yolk noodles.