A quick and easy dinner, great for the summer does not heat up your kitchen. This is not a very spicy dinner if you like it spicy feel free to change the spices. Also if you use a thick chicken breast you will need to pound it or adjust the cooking time.
- add 1 cup instant rice
- add 1 small red onion
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- add 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- add 1 cup bottled medium salsa or hot hot depending on personal taste salsa
- add 1 tablespoon oil
- add 2 tablespoons flour
- add 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- add 1 cup chicken broth
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat the oil in a large non stick skillet over medium high heat.Add onion and garlic, saute, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes or until softened.
- Place flour on a plate.Place chicken in flour to coat each side, patting off excess.Add to skillet, saute for 2 minutes per side or until lightly golden.Add cumin, chicken broth, vinegar, salsa and corn.Cook for about 4 minutes. The chicken should almost be done unless your using a thick boneless breast then you will have to adjust your cooking time. Remove from heat.Stir rice into liquid. Cover and let stand 8-10 minutes or until the rice is tender.Serve with extra salsa and sour cream if desired.