Easy and delicious! Can be varied to suit different tastes. Will freeze for multiple casseroles! I make in 2-serving sizes, for this size, recipe will make 4 dishes.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 cups picante sauce (save 1/2 cup for bottom of dish)
- add 8 flour tortillas or corn tortillas
- add 1 cup stuffed green olives
- add 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- add 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- add 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- add 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- add 2 cups cooked chicken
- In saucepan over medium heat, combine spaghetti sauce and 1 cup of Picante sauce,.
- seasoning mix, cook for 10 minutes.
- Spread ½ cup Picante sauce in bottom of deep 8 X 12 baking dish.
- Layer tortillas, chicken, sauce mix, cottage cheese, and olives, in that.
- Top with cheese and olives.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.