5-alarmer! I got this one from an employee of a local Tex-Mex / Mexican restaurant.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 teaspoons salt (or salt substitute)
- add 3 tablespoons finely minced canned jalapenos
- add 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- add 1 dash garlic powder
- add 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- add 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- add 1 tablespoon chili powder
- add 1 teaspoon sugar
- add 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- add 3 tablespoons vinegar
- add 3 cups water
- add 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (or no salt added tomato paste)
- Combine the tomato paste with the water in a medium saucepan and whisk until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Heat mixture over medium high heat until it begins to boil.
- Continue to cook for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- When sauce is cool enough to taste, try a sample and call your local Fire Department if necessary.
- If it's not hot enough for you, add some jalapenos and/or cayenne pepper and/or ground red pepper.
- When sauce has cooled sufficiently poured it into a sealed container and refrigerate.