I made this on a whim to take to a friends dinner party. It was so easy to make, and the end result was a dip that no on had ever tried before, but really enjoyed. It has a very earthy taste and goes really well with spicy foods. TRY IT!!!
- add 8 slices bacon
- add 1/2 cup celery
- add 1/4 cup red peppers
- add 1/4 cup olive oil
- add 1 pinch sugar
- add 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- add salt and pepper
- add 1/4 cup sweet onions
- add 1 (19 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- add 1 garlic clove
- add 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- add 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno peppers
- Mix the black eyed peas, onion, red pepper, celery, and jalapenos in a bowl.
- Whisk the vinegar, sugar, and garlic in a small bowl.Gradually whisk in the oil.Stir into the beans and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 2 days.
- Just before serving, stir in the cilantro or parsley and bacon if using.Transfer to a serving bowl and serve at room temperature.