Good ole Texas chili with beans!! This is a recipe on many Texas souvenir oven mits and pot holders. I think it's rather tasty and easy. It's very good with cornbread. Long neck means a beer to go with the chili.
- add 2 pickled jalapeno peppers
- add 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- add 1 cup chopped onions
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- add 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans
- add 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 2 lbs stewing beef
- add 2 1/2 cups water
- add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- add 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- add 1 green bell pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 clove garlic
- Brown stewing beef in large skillet until done, I like to use an iron skillet.
- Add chopped onions, green pepper, garlic and cook until tender.
- Stir in tomato paste and water.
- Stir in jalepeno peppers, spices and beans.
- Simmer for 45 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
Recipe Reviews 3 reviews