Copy Cat Recipe. I received a ton from my mom.. Here's another...I haven't adusted anything :O) On some I had to guess on the time and servings if I haven't tried them.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon crushed pineapple
- add 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- add 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- add 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- add 3 tablespoons white onions
- add 1 1/3 cups dark brown sugar
- add 2/3 cup water
- add 1 cup pineapple juice
- add 1 tablespoon Jack Daniels Whiskey
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 1 head garlic
- Cut about 1/2-inch off the top of garlic. Cut the roots so that the garlic will sit flat. Remove the papery skin from the garlic, but leave enough so that the cloves stay together. Put garlic in a small casserole dish or baking pan, drizzle with olive oil and cover with a lid or foil. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour. Remove and let it cool until you can handle it.
- Combine water, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium high heat. Stir occasionally until mixture boils then reduce heat until mixture is just simmering.
- Squeeze the sides of the head of garlic until the pasty roasted garlic is squeezed out. Discard remaining skin and whisk to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan and stir.
- Let mixture simmer for 40-50 minutes or until sauce has reduced by 1/2 and is thick and syrupy. Make sure it doesnt boil over.