Servs: 2 Prep: 20m Cook: 10m
I fell in love with this dish after having it in San Francisco at LemonGrass Thai Restaurant. (Polk Street, San Francisco, CA)
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 10-16 oz. thinly sliced beef or 16 oz. of ground beef
- add 2 oz. fresh chopped Thai Basil leaves
- add 3 oz. fish sauce
- add 1/2 sliced white onion
- add 1 sliced bell peppers
- add 1.5 oz. Chili Sauce
- add 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
- add **For really spicy Thai Beef and Basil use chopped mixed red & green chilis (prik ki nu) instead of chili sauce. **
- Heat up your stir fry pan or your wok and a little bit of oil.
- - If you don't have a wok then get one. They are like $30-50. It's like when my friends say "Hey do you have the $200 I let your borrow? Damn stop being so cheap."
- Add the garlic and cook for about 15 seconds to release the flavor.
- - If you are a vampire do not add garlic.
- Add the beef. Cook for 30 Seconds.
- -If you are a vegetarian vadge then you can use some marinated tofu you hippy. If you are Asian sorry tofu is cool for you.
- Then add the vegetables along with the Thai Basil, cook for another 45 seconds. It will take longer for ground beef just cook it until lightly brown.
- **Note to those who are not Asian or don't regularly cook with fish sauce. Fish sauce is ground up sardines. It give a very authentic flavor to your Thai dishes. HOWEVER, it smells like rotten vadge, like Brittany Spear's dirty crazy vadge. It's really bad especially as it evaporates while cooking. You can reduce the fish sauce amounts by substituting half soy sauce if you wish. **
- Now add the chili sauce and fish sauce.
- De-glaze the the pan or wok with 3 oz of beef or chicken stock and serve over white rice.
- If you find it is too spicy you can "cut" it with some palm sugar adding several tablespoons will help lessen the pain.
- However for being such a vadge be ready for Chuck Norris to roundhouse kick you after you finish eating. Chuck eats his beef and basil with the Indian Ghost chili. Three of them in fact. Go look it up rookie.