This is our favorite veggie recipe for Thanksgiving. Please try and I swear, even the Brussels Sprouts haters will thank you!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 large red delicious apple
- add pepper
- add salt
- add 1/4 cup apple juice
- add nutmeg
- add 1/2 cup golden raisins
- add 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- add 1 garlic clove
- add 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- add 2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts
- add 1/4 cup butter
- add 1 teaspoon sugar
- add 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- add 1 large onion
- Bring Brussels, lemon juice, salt and water to cover sprouts to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until tender, 5-7 minute Drain and keep them warm,.
- Melt 2 tbls butter in the large skilet over medium-high heat, add onion and saute until caramel color. Add apple juice and cook for 2 minute.
- Add apple, garlic, sugar; cook stirring constantly for 5-6 min or until apple is tender. Add water chesnuts, raisins, lemon rind, pepper, nutmeg, more salt to taste and 2 tbs butter; cook, stirring constantly, for 3-4 minute Gently toss in Brusells sprouts.