Just thought you might like a taste of summer...one of the best crisp recipes that I have ever come across, maybe cause the cornstarch, sugar and the water are precooked first. This even turns out great with frozen blueberries. I make this even in the winter months with frozen blueberries that I freeze from berry season in the summer, that way I always have a supply when I need it. This crisp is delicious when served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
- add 1 cup brown sugar
- add 1 cup flour
- add 3/4 cup sugar (or (to taste)
- add 1/2 cup butter, melted (no substitutes)
- add 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- add 1 cup water
- add 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- add 3/4 cup rolled oats
- add 1 quart fresh blueberries (about 4 cups)
- Set oven to 350°.
- Prepare a 13 x 9" baking dish (do not grease).
- Spread the fresh OR frozen blueberries in the bottom of the prepared baking pan (ungreased).
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water and 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice; cook and stir until thick and clear, then add in the vanilla.
- Pour over, then gently stir in the cooked mixture with the blueberries.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add in the melted butter to the oat mixture; mix until crumbly, then sprinkle over the top of blueberries, as evenly as you can (there will be a couple of empty spots).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until blueberry mixture bubbles, and the topping is brown.
- Serve with icecream-- enjoy!