This recipe was given to me by my mother's girlfriend's daughter year's ago. In my opinion, this is THE BEST chocolate cake, it is so easy to make, just dump all cake ingredient's into a bowl, and beat, no need to beat eggs first. It can be made with the streusal filling or without, you can add chocolate chips and nuts to the batter or throw in some mini vanilla chips, be inventive and experiment with adding in anything!.....anyway you choose to make it... it always turns out deep, dark, high and very moist, this cake can stay for days, and not get dry, tastes similar to an Oreo cookie! May I add that this streusal mix works super with any other cake recipe that you choose to make. My Really Easy and Good Glaze recipe#120835 goes great with this cake! This is a cake that you will make again and again...enjoy!
- add 2 cups sugar
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- add 2/3 cup cocoa
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- add 1 1/2 cups unsweetened orange juice
- add 1 cup chopped walnuts
- add 1/2 cup coconut (optional)
- add 1/3 cup brown sugar
- add 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 2 1/4 cups flour
- add 1 1/4 cups canola oil or vegetable oil
- add 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- add 3/4 teaspoon salt
- add 3 eggs
- add 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Set rack to second-lowest postion.
- WELL GREASE and flour a Bundt pan.
- If using the streusel, mix all streusel ingredients; set aside.
- In an extra large mixing bowl, dump ALL cake ingredients; mix well until combined on medium speed of an electric mixer for about 3 minutes.
- If layering with streusel, pour half of the cake batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle the streusel mix evenly over batter.
- Top with remaining cake batter.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes (may take a little longer to bake if making the cake with the streusel filling).
- Cool in pan for about 15-20 minutes before removing.
- Frost or glaze if desired when completely cooled.
- Delicious and moist!