Taken from "Micro Ways" cookbook by Norene Gilletz, I made this recently, it is so easy to make and tastes DELICIOUS! This sauce is wonderful over fettucine, spaghetti or tortellini. There is enough sauce to combine with 1 pound of noodles, if you are doubling this recipe, make it separately not in the same pyrex cup. Follow microwave times and you will have just the best alfredo sauce, once you make this you will be making it all the time!
- add 1 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- add 1 pinch nutmeg
- add 1-2 teaspoon minced garlic (can use a bit more only if you like extreme garlic taste!)
- add black pepper
- add 1/2 cup butter (no subs!)
- add salt (optional)
- add 1-1 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- add 1/8 teaspoon basil (rubbed between fingers to release the flavor)
- Place butter and garlic in a 4-cup Pyrex measuring cup.
- Microwave uncovered in HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Remove and stir in whipping cream, nutmeg, basil and black pepper.
- Return to the microwave uncovered on HIGH for another 2-3 minutes, until bubbling.
- Remove and stir in Parmesan cheese, return to the microwave for 2-3 minutes longer until thick and smooth.
- Season with salt if desired.