This recipe is from the Canadian cooking magazine Homemaker's Holiday 2002 issue.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- add 1/4 cup water
- add 1/2 cup bacardi golden rum
- add 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (I used Jello)
- add 1/2 cup oil
- add 1/2 cup bacardi rum
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 4 eggs
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- add 1/2 cup cold water
- heat oven to 325. grease and flour 3 liter bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts over the bottom of the pan. Mix all cake ingredients together. Pour batter over nuts. bake 1 hour. cool. Invert on serving plate. prick top. Drizzle and smooth glaze evenly over top and sides. Allow cake to absorb glaze. repeat till glaze is used up.
- melt butter in pan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 minutes stir constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in rum.
- ***If you use the cake mix with the pudding in the mix, omit instant pudding and use only 3 eggs instead of 4, 1/3 cup oil instead of 1/2.
- *** Bacardi rum is available in Canada, if you cannot find it where you live sub with a good quality rum of your own choice. Gold rum is in between the light (white/clear) and dark rum, hence the name Gold.