My version of what they serve at authentic Mexican restaurants. Simple to make in the microwave in 5-10 minutes. Only 3 ingredients! Perfect for a quick snack or to serve as a side.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup 2% low-fat milk or whole milk
- add 1/2 tablespoon pickled jalapeno peppers, minced (the ones used for nachos, in a jar)
- add 1 1/4 cups white American cheese, shredded (I buy a hunk at the grocery store deli and shred it myself)
- add 2 1/2 teaspoons jalapeno juice
- Add all ingredients (in order) in microwave safe dish.Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds.
- Stir until smooth.If it seems too thin, keep stirring.
- Serve with flour tortillas or tortilla chips.
- For mild, leave out the jalapenos.IMPORTANT: Do not leave out the jalapeno LIQUID, that is what helps make the flavor.