i first tried the sauce for this recipe when having a meal in tgi friday's restaurant in london's leicester square about a month ago & have been in love with it ever since. i've tried to think of many variations for it as it is adaptable to a lot of things, but the recipe below works very well indeed...see what you think!...
- add 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- add 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 1/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- add 1 1/3 cups soft brown sugar
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 1 tablespoon crushed pineapple
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- add 2/3 cup water
- add 6 boneless chicken breasts
- add salt (optional)
- add 1 tablespoon Jack Daniels Whiskey
- add black pepper (optional)
- add 3 tablespoons white onions or shallots, minced (i used shallots)
- add 1 cup pineapple juice
- add 1 red chili
- firstly, take a large saucepan, add the olive oil & heat up.once the oil is hot, add the garlic & red chilli & fry off until soft.
- next, add to the pan, the water, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce & soft brown sugar & stir thoroughly.bring to the boil over a medium to high heat & then reduce heat until the mixture is gently simmering away.
- add the remaining ingredients to the pan & again, stir thoroughly.bring back to the boil & then if need be, transfer the mixture to a blender & blend until smooth.
- when smooth, transfer mixture back to the pan, season to taste if desired & simmer for 35-45 minutes approx' or until the sauce has thickened & become almost syrupy & reduced by about half, making sure not to let the sauce burn or boil over.
- once the sauce has been prepared, fry off your chicken breasts in a frying pan with a little olive oil for approx' 10 minutes to speed up cooking time.
- once done, place in the oven for approx' 15 minutes.when the 15 minutes is up, remove from the oven, drain off any excess fat or oil & then pour over sauce, generously coating all the chicken.
- place back in the oven for a further 20 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked & voila! -- there you have it, jack daniels chicken casserole!
- plate up & pour remaining sauce into a serving jug.serve with cheesey mashed potatoes & freshly steamed vegetables, delectable! --
- serves about 3 people as a main meal.
- adjust cooking times in accordance with your oven!
- this sauce can also be used as a grill glaze for not just chicken, but pork chops, baby-back ribs, sausages or salmon fillets, etc.
- if you love or hate this recipe or if you can think of a better way to cook it, please let me know, much appreciated! -- .