If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup granulated sugar<br> 3 tablespoons cornstarch<br> 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca<br> 1/4 teaspoon salt<br> 3 cups fresh blackberries (3/4 to 1 lb) <br> 2 cups fresh raspberries (1/2 to 3/4 lb) <br> 2 cups fresh blueberries (1/2 to 3
- Put a large baking sheet in middle of oven and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Whisk together granulated sugar, cornstarch, tapioca, and salt, then toss with berries.
- Roll out 1 piece of dough (keep remaining piece chilled) on a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin into a 13-inch round and fit into pie plate. Trim edge, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang. Chill shell while rolling out dough for top crust.
- Roll out remaining piece of dough on lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin into an 11-inch round.
- Spoon filling into shell, then cover pie with pastry round and trim with kitchen shears, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang. Press edges together, then crimp edge decoratively. Brush top of pie with egg and sprinkle all over with sanding sugar. Cut 3 steam vents in top crust with a small sharp knife.
- Bake pie on hot baking sheet in middle of oven 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 375°F and continue to bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling, about 45 minutes more.
- Cool pie on a rack at least 3 hours before serving to allow juices to thicken slightly (filling will still be juicy).