This is the recipe I came up with when trying to decide on a good mexican cornbread recipe...wonderfully moist with a delicate sweetness...not hot, but you could adjust that.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- add 1 small onion
- add 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- add 3 1/2 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese
- add 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can kernel corn
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 medium jalapeno peppers
- add 2 (8 1/2 ounce) cans creamed corn
- add 2 tablespoons sugar
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- Put dish in oven and let it get hot while mixing ingredients.
- Once all ingredients are mixed, pour into baking dish and bake fro 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.