I borrowed this recipe from Giada on FoodTV It is delicious.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add sliced almonds
- add 3 tablespoons Amaretto
- add 3/4 cup apricot preserves (or jam put in blender)
- add 1 vanilla flavored poundcake, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch slices. (10 3/4 ounces, even number)
- add mascarpone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pound cake slices on a baking sheet and toast in oven until the slices turn golden brown. (or put in toaster).
- Stir the apricot preserves and amaretto together. Warm slightly.
- Place 1/2 of the cake slices on plates. Put 1 full tablespoon mascarpone cheese on each cake slice. Put the remaining cake slices at an offset on top of the cheese. Spoon the apricot/amaretto mixture on top of the cake. Add the almonds. Serve immediately while warm.