This works well as a creamy sauce for pasta. Especially useful for those unable to have dairy or tomato sauces. This is a beginning point, and maybe quite useful for Elimination Diets. For those with less restrictions, I'd suggest adding herbs and onions to taste. (I plan on developing such a recipe once I'm allowed onions again.) I've been eating this with rice & millet pasta twists.
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 1/2 cup soy milk (approximately)
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- add 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- add 12 ounces firm silken tofu, drained (but not pressed)
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil (or herb of choice)
- Blend the tofu, garlic, parsley, herbs, paprika, & salt.(Add any herbs you want.).
- Then thin with soy milk to achieve consistency.I like mine rather thick so it coats the pasta.
- When mixed, heat thoroughly in a pan before putting on pasta.(It tends too cool too quick if just poured over pasta and quickly heated.).