My mother used to make this for my dad and he loved it! If you like tomato juice, you really should give this tomato gelatin recipe a try. (Prep time includes chilling time; cook time indicates time estimate for juice to come to boiling)
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- add 2 tablespoons sugar
- add 1/4 cup lemon juice
- add 3 cups cold tomato juice
- add 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- add 2 cups tomato juice
- add 4-6 dashes hot pepper sauce
- In large bowl, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1 cup cold juice; let stand 1 minute.
- Add hot juice and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 2 cups cold juice, lemon juice, sugar, worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour into 5 1/2cup ring mold or bowl; chill until firm, about 4 hours.
- To serve, unmold and if desired, fill with your favorite salad greens, or cut-up fresh vegetables.
- **Applya thin layer of oil, or cooking spray to your mold or bowl to prevent aspic from sticking.