Servs: 8 Prep:
I found this in the cooking light magazine. My Friend Jen wanted a good recipe and figured I would add one to the list...Enjoy!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add Basil sauce:
- add 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- add 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- add 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- add 1 teaspoon sea salt
- add Salad:
- add 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices yellow tomato (1 1/2 pounds)
- add 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices red tomato (1 1/2 pounds)
- add 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- add 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- add 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- To prepare basil sauce, cook 1 cup basil leaves in boiling water 15 seconds; drain. Plunge basil into ice water; drain and pat dry. Combine basil and broth in a blender; process until smooth. Let mixture stand 2 hours at room temperature. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Add vinegar and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, arrange yellow and red tomato slices alternately on a large platter. Drizzle with basil sauce; sprinkle with cheese and pepper. Top with 1/2 cup sliced basil. Serve immediately.