Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"This is a recipe I made up because I really wanted some salsa and tortillas; however, I was out of salsa. Tomato and celery along with some other ingredients are sauteed in oil and then simmered in tomato juice. It's a quick fix when you have no salsa. Warm tortilla chips go well with this salsa. Just pop some chips in the oven under the broiler for a few minutes until lightly browned."
- add 1 medium tomato, diced
- add 1 stalk celery, diced
- add salt to taste
- add 1 clove garlic, diced
- add 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- add hot pepper sauce to taste
- add 3/4 cup tomato juice
- add 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, or as needed
- add ground black pepper to taste
- add 1 small onion, diced
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, tomato, celery, and onion, and cook about 3 minutes, until heated through. Pour in tomato juice, bring to boil, reduce heat to medium, and continue cooking 5 minutes, or until onions and celery are tender.
- Stir flour into the salsa to thicken. Continue cooking to desired consistency. Season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce.