A hearty canape that will disappear before your eyes. If you'd like, you can toast the bread rounds and prepare the filling several hours ahead.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- add 2 bunches green onions
- add 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- add 1/2 green pepper
- add 1 cup mayonnaise
- add 25 small bread rounds or 25 slices rye cocktail bread
- add 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, Jarlsberg or monterey jack cheese
- add 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- add 8 slices cooked bacon
- Toast only one side of bread slices under broiler.Cover to keep fresh and set aside.
- Combine cheese, onions, and green pepper with 2/3 cup of the mayonnaise.Season with garlic salt and cayenne pepper.Refrigerate if making ahead.
- Shortly before serving time, preheat oven to 350*F.
- Spread untoasted sides of bread with remaining 1/3 cup mayonnaise.Top with tomato slices, and then cheese mixture.Sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake 3 to 5 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.Serve immediately.