Servs: 2 Prep: Cook:
The above menu with coordination with F&B Manager of Dar Al Tawhid intercontinental Makkah Khaled ElGammal
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add tomato, mozzarella and basil sandwich has the following ingredients:
- add ripe tomatoes
- add fresh mozzarella (this is the soft stuff in liquid - not the hard kind you put on pizza)
- add Italian bread or a baguette
- add fresh basil
- add olive oil
- add balsamic vinegar
- add salt and pepper
- add Ingredients
- add 8 medium tomatoes
- add 3 (16-ounce) balls fresh mozzarella
- add 4 loaves ciabatta, sliced in 1/2 lengthwise
- add 1 cup prepared pesto
- add Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- add 32 basil leaves
- Core the tomatoes and slice each tomato and each ball of mozzarella into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Place the sliced ciabatta loaves on a work surface, and spread each half evenly with 1/8 cup pesto. Place 4 slices of tomato and 3 slices mozzarella side by side on the top of each half loaf and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place 4 basil leaves on top of each sandwich.
- Slice each half loaf crosswise into 4 serving portions, making sure that each piece has a slice of tomato, mozzarella and a basil leaf.