This is my friend Nicole's, favourite birthday cake. It is becoming a tradition. We hope you enjoy it also. This is a very easy cake to make and vary.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup toffee pieces
- add 1/2 cup chocolate syrup (room temp)
- add 2 tablespoons white sugar
- add 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- add 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- add 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- add 3 large fresh eggs
- add 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- add 1/2 cup light oil
- add 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- add 1 cup caramel ice cream topping (room temp)
- add 1/8 cup hot chocolate powder
- add 1 1/3 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove chocolate and carmel toppings from fridge.
- Only grease the bottoms of 2 9" round pans.
- Beat cake mix, pudding, hot chocolate, milk, oil and eggs on low for one minute,then on medium speed for three minutes.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 for 28 to 33 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan then turn out ontowire racks to cool completely.
- Freeze cakes uncovered for 1 hour.
- Beat whipping cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- Remove cake from freezer and split each cake into two layers.
- Spread whip cream over cake layer, then drizzle carmel sauce and chocolate sauce, sprinkle on 1/4 of toffee bits.
- Repeat process three more times, stacking the cakes ontop of each other.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds on top layer of cake.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Store in fridge.