A quick to make recipe from Kurma Dasa's '52 Quick Vegetarian cards'. When I make these, I'll be leaving out all those hot ingredients, but I know I'm undoubtedly in a minority in this taste preference so I'm posting the recipe as on the card!
- add 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- add 2 teaspoons lime juice
- add 2 avocados
- add 1 medium dried chipotle chile, finely chopped & reconstituted in a few tablespoons of hot water for 15 minutes or 1 teaspoon smoky hot spanish paprika
- add 5 tablespoons iceberg lettuce
- add oil (for frying)
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 4 corn tortillas
- add 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- add 1 small green chili pepper
- add 1/4 teaspoon asafetida powder
- Cut each tortilla into 6 wedges, heat some oil in a small frying pan, shallow-fry the wedges until golden and crips and drain on paper towels.
- Combine all the salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix gently.
- Serve the tortilla wedges with the salsa as an appetiser or as a snack.