Nasi Goreng Kampung a type of fried rice, traditionally flavored with pounded fried fish (normally mackerel), though recently fried anchovies are used in place of it.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 bowl Cooked Rice (long grain rice)
- add 1/2 cup Boneless Chicken
- add 1/2 cup fried Anchovies
- add Salt & Sugar to taste
- add For the sambal-grind into a paste:
- add 5 dried Chillies (soak in water)
- add 2 cloves Garlic
- add 1/2 - 1 in Belacan (shrimp paste)
- add 6 Shallots
- add 1/2 in fresh Turmeric
- add Enough Oil to saute the sambal
- add For Garnishing:
- add Shredded Cucumber
- add Fried Crisp Shallots
- add Chopped Spring Onions
- Method For Sambal:
- Heat up enough oil in low flame, add in the sambal paste and saute until oil surface.
- Dish out in a bowl.
- Method For Dish:
- In a wok add 2 tbsp oil, add boneless chicken and stir fry add in cooked rice, stir-fry until the oil coats the rice nicely.
- Add the sambal, salt, sprinkle some water and stir the rice nicely. Close the fire.
- Add in the anchovies and mix.
- Dish into a plate and garnish with cucumber, crisp shallots and spring onions