This is the first dish we Trinis learn to make! Really easy, and tastes great.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- add 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- add 8 pieces chickens
- add 4 potatoes, peeled and diced (optional)
- add 2 carrots, diced (optional)
- Season chicken well (onion, garlic etc.).
- Melt sugar in oil until bubbling rapidly (don't burn!).
- Add chicken one piece at a time to melted sugar/oil mixture, turning often until well coated and browned.
- Add potatoes and carrots.
- Cover and simmer until veggies are cooked (approximately 30 minutes).
- Serve over rice.