BEAUTIFUL crisp sugar cookies with a twist
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/3 cup macadamia nuts
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 2 cups flour
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 3/4 cup butter
- add yellow food coloring
- add orange food coloring
- add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- add 1/3 cup coconut
- add 1 egg
- add 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- beat butter 30 seconds.
- beat in sugar, baking powder and salt.
- beat in egg and vanilla, beat in flour.
- divide dough in half.
- knead almond extract and orange food color in half. knead coconut extract and yellow food color in other half.
- shape each colored portion into rectanglar logs, 6 inches long by 2 inches wide. wrap each log in wax paper. chill 1 hour.
- cut each log length wise into 4 slices.
- alternating colors stack slices to form 2 four layor logs. press together to seal with wax paper. chill for 1 hour.
- place logs on cutting surface with solid color facing up. using a sharp knife cut each log lengthwise four times. stack four slices of dough making a checkerboard.
- Combine coconut and nuts, roll logs in mixture. chill for 1-2 hours.
- preheat oven to 375.
- slice logs 1/4 inch thick. place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- bake 10-12 minutes.
- transfer to wire rack.