This is from Italy around the Tuscan area! Enjoy!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 5 quarts tomato sauce
- add 2 tablespoons oregano
- add 3 quarts water
- add 2 tablespoons basil
- add 1 tablespoon hot pepper flakes
- add 5-6 ounces tomato paste
- add 5 garlic cloves
- add 5 whole bay leaves
- add 1 teaspoon rosemary
- add salt and pepper
- add 4 lbs pork neck bones
- add 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- add 1/2 cup olive oil
- add 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- In a large pot add oil on medium low heat.
- Add pork neck bones until browned, remove and set aside.
- Add whole crushed garlic cloves,heat until lightly browned, Not burnt.
- After garlic is browned,put neck bones back in the pot and add all ingredients except cheese.
- Cook on low simmer for 2 hours with lid on!
- Remove lid and simmer for 2 more hours, adding cheese the last half hour.
- This freezes very well.