Servs: 2 Prep: Cook:
A more economical version of the traditional salmon cakes, these are just as healthy as they are yummy!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 6 oz. cans light tuna in water
- add 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- add 1 egg
- add 1/2 cup low-fat or skim milk
- add 2 Tbls lemon juice
- add 2 Tbls Molly McButter
- add Lemon Pepper to taste
- add Dill Weed to taste
- add For an extra zing use Starkist Tuna Creations Lemon Pepper or Sweet & Spicy versions
- Mix all ingredients together with a fork in a med mixing bowl, breaking up all the tuna chunks and egg is mixed well. Mixture will be very moist but should bind together easily.
- On a flat grill, turn on medium to high heat, and spray with a non-stick spray. I use a Lemon flavored spray. When grill is hot, turn heat to medium.
- Form a ball about the size of a golf ball with the tuna mixture, and flatten slightly. Place on hot grill. Mixture should make approx. 6 or 7 cakes.
- When bottoms of cakes become brown, turn them with a spatula. Spray with non-stick spray lightly over entire grill and cakes.
- Remove from heat when both sides are nicely browned.
- Mustard Dipping Sauce:
- Use best judgement to measure... I don't measure, so can't quite tell someone else how to!
- Honey Mustard - more here
- Light Mayonnaise - less here
- Lemon Juice - just a little
- Molly McButter - just a little
- Lemon Pepper - pinch
- Dill Weed - pinch