This was something I threw together because my daughter hated "plain" tuna sandwiches. It's great on a bed of greens or on whole wheat with romaine lettuce and a slice of tomato
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add salt and pepper
- add 1 tablespoon garlic
- add 1 teaspoon basil
- add 1/2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise (or plain yogurt)
- add 1 stalk celery
- add 1/2 small white onion
- add 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- add 1 hard-boiled egg
- add 1 can chunk light tuna (in oil is more flavourful, but the water is healthier)
- Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil in a wide skillet and set it on medium heat.
- Saute garlic, onion and celery until celery is soft and onions are translucent.
- Season with salt, pepper and basil.
- Add tuna and stir together until heated through.
- Spoon into a bowl and allow to cool fully before adding mayonnaise, relish, and the crumbled hard boiled egg.