Even with all the great Tuna Salads on Recipezaar, I did not see this one. My husband raves about it, and I do too. We eat this on toasted bread and lettuce, as well as on crackers. Hope you like it.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 medium red onion
- add 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- add 1 lemon, zest of
- add 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- add 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke (very scant, I use Wright's Hickory Seasoning Liquid Smoke)
- add 1 tablespoon dill relish (rounded)
- add 2 1/2 stalks fresh celery & leaves
- add 2 (6 ounce) cans chunk light tuna, well drained (or white albacore)
- Note: do not pour the liquid smoke directly from the bottle into the tuna mixture, as it comes out quick and is very concentrated (and will easily ruin and overpower your tuna salad) The smoke flavor is meant to be very subtle.
- Be sure to drain your tuna well.
- Mix ingredients together and serve as sandwiches or spread on crackers (I like Triscuit or Ritz).
- Refrigerate any leftovers.